Monday, August 6, 2012


Hello! I am Tristan. I am 20 years old and I'm a media/law student. This is my first year at Macquarie, and so far it's been pretty good.

My hometown is Roselands in South-West Sydney. Most people don't know where that is so I usually just say: "It's next to Punchbowl. You know Trent from Punchy?" Most people do.

I went to Newtown High School of the Performing Arts, so I'm a bit of a performer.

Claim to fame (but not really): One of the backing vocalists singing "Ecstasy! Ecstasy!" on Chris Lilley's 'Naughty Girl' single from Summer Heights High.

These days when I'm not at uni, I work at the Powerhouse Museum, where I was employed as a  wizard during Harry Potter: The Exhibition. It was a cool job. I got paid to play dress-ups and pretend I was at Hogwarts every day. But now it's over and I'm just a plain old gallery officer.

I love to travel, and I recently got back from a big trip around the US. I went to LA, San Francisco, New Orleans, Orlando, Washington, New York and Boston. It was awesome.

I'm a massive movie geek. Specifically I love James Bond. Don't get me started in a film discussion because I probably won't stop.

In the way of past experience and interest in media, I transferred to Macquarie this year after beginning a journalism degree at UTS. I didn't like it, but I got some experience in radio production, as well as online and print media. I'm much more interested in TV, radio, and filmmaking, and I hope to pursue these a bit more in my media degree. I also did screenwriting last semester, which was fun.

Hmm, a video. Well I must say that I am very excited for this:


No comments: